The Vileda 100 Hot Spray Mop is an alternative to a steam mop to clean your home hygienically. You just plug it in to heat up. After 90 seconds just unplug it and it is ready to use for up to 30 minutes. It is cordless, lightweight with a swivelling mop head. It claims to remove upto 99.0% of bacteria by using the combination of the hot water spray and the micro-fibre pad. The mop is suitable to use on all sealed hard floors including wood and laminate.
Vileda 100 Hot Spray Mop Description & Features
The Spray mop has a water tank size of 0.25 litre and power wattage of 1200 watts. It charges within 90 seconds and allows you a 30 minutes cleaning time. Using a combination of a hot water spray and a microfibre pad, which can remove up to 99.9% of bacteria.
It is suitable for use on all types of sealed hard floor surfaces including wood and laminate. The spray mop is both lightweight and cordless. The cleaning process is chemical free saving you money and environmentally friendly. The microfibre pads are also machine washable.
The 100 degrees centigrade spray mop is an excellent choice to use instead of using a steam mops. It is cordless when in use. Therefore, there are no cords to trip over when in use or to tangle up in your furniture. You can easily move around furniture using the swivel head, which will move in all directions.
Squeezing the trigger on the handle will spray water onto the micro-fibre pad, which you can then use to clean. It is easy to carry around the house and upstairs. In addition, you can use it on tiles and lino.
You have complete control using the trigger on how much water you release onto the floor use to clean the floor. The spray mop is suitable for all sorts of sealed hard floors, including laminate and sealed wooden floors.
Using the Vileda 100 Hot Spray Mop
First, fill the water tank with water. Open the tank by unscrewing the cap anticlockwise and fill to the top with water stopping when the indicator appears. When filled replace the cap on the tank twisting clockwise to see it is secure. Next, plug the Spray Mop in and turn on using the start button. A red light will flash to show indicating the water heating up. After 90 seconds only, the red light will go to green this means that the water has now heated. You are ready to clean after first removing the power cord. To use the mop the handle has a trigger, which sprays the hot water down onto the pad. The water will stay hot for 30 minutes which you are cleaning the floor.
What I like about the Vileda 100 Hot Spray Mop
- This spray mop is easy to assemble and very lightweight.
It only takes 90 seconds to heat up and is quick to use.
You do not have to mess of having to use a mop and bucket.
It guides easily over any hard floor surface.
- Because of its ease of use, it is great for cleaning floors quickly at any time of the day.
- Easy to carry around as it has no cables to trip on.
The Spray mop is good to use instead of steam mops to cleaning hard floors. Particularly so if your hard floors surface are a bit delicate and you are worried that steam cleaning may be a bit aggressive on the floor.
- With this spray mop, you can control the amount of moisture, which goes, onto your floor surfaces.
- It gets into corners easily and the microfibre pad holds onto the mop head well when cleaning.
- The mop head rotates in all directions making the cleaning quick and easy. You can also lower the angle of the handle to get under all the furniture easily.
- The pad picks up dirt well.
- The water spray stays hot enough to clean all the floors.
- Excellent if you have pets, as it is quick and easy to use. You can use it several times a day if necessary and will cope with the dirt and greasy marks left by your pets.
Because it is cordless and easy to use, giving the kitchen and porch a quick clean is much better than using a plug in steam cleaner. Especially in wet and muddy conditions.
- Much cleaner and hygienic than an ordinary mop. The floors look a lot cleaner.
What I dislike about the Vileda 100 Hot Spray Mop
- There is only one microfibre pad included with the mop. Therefore, when this one becomes dirty you have to wash it before you can continue using the spray mop.
- Not as powerful, as cleaning with steam mops which uses steam to clean rather than hot water.
- The Spray mops are not as versatile as steam mops, which you can convert into a handheld cleaner.
Summary of the Review
Suitable as an alternative to using steam mops. Particularly if you are worried about using steam on delicate floor surfaces. It is quick and easy to set up and use. You can check out the Vileda Hot Spray Mop at Amazon.
- Brand: Vileda
- Method of Cleaning: Hot Water Spraying and Microfibre Pad
- Hygienic Cleaning: Removes up to 99% of Bacteria
- Suitable Surfaces to Clean: Hard Floor Sealed Surfaces, e.g. Wooden and Sealed Laminate
- Floors, lino and Tiles
- Model Number: 146573
- Colour: Red
- Item Weight: 1.8 kg
- Capacity: 0.25 litres
- Power: 1200 watts
- Heating-up Time: 90 seconds
- Voltage: 220 volts
- Auto Shutoff: No
- Guarantee: 2 years
- Special Features: Cordless, Lightweight
What’s in the Box?
1 – Vileda 100 Hot Spray Mop
1 – Mains cable
1 – Microfibre pad
1 – Instruction Manual
by Richard Floyd