The H2O Mop X5 Floor has been extensively promoted on TV On QVC.
It is a 5 in 1 Steam Cleaner including a steamer for your floor, carpet, window, garment and a hand-held steamer.
With the mop you can clean fast, hygienically & fast, without chemicals. The H2O Mop X5 can be easily converted into a handheld cleaner and comes with a full set of accessories.
You can clean, deodorise and sanitise all your surfaces.
The head is designed so that it can clean in corners & the microfibre cleaning pad traps the dirt.
The H2O Mop X5 is tough on dirt and grime but is environmentally friendly as it uses only steam.
Features of H2O Mop X5 Floor Steamer
- Light and easy to use
- Compact and easily assembled
- Heats up rapidly
- The H2O MOP X5 can be refilled quickly unlike other models where you have to wait until they had cooled down before you could refill. This is probably to avoid customers scalding themselves when refilling
- There were complaints from some of the flimsiness of the steam mop. Although for other people this was seen as an advantage as it made the machine more lightweight and easy to use
- Fitting of the accessories is quick and easy
- The H2O Mop X5 works well when it is working but there are too many complaints from customers about it breaking down after very few uses. It is not cheap either being sold at £100. This is the problem with gadgets that are heavily advertised on tv you are often paying a premium for the advertising costs.
- Works well at first then breaks down generally by stopping steaming
- The handle has a tendency to twist
- Difficult to use as a handheld could do with a shoulder strap
- Recommended to buy the Karcher or Vax steam mops which are cheaper and more efficient
- Problems with it breaking down and no longer producing any steam
- Some customers complained that it broke down after limited use and started to smoke and they could not return as it was out of the 7 day return period
- Help desk not much good often suggest to customers to just flush the steam cleaner with vinegar regardless of the actual problem
- Many customers reported that the steamer stopped working after a few times
- Some customers had returned the mop several times deformed replacements and they had all failed
Performance of the H2O Mop X5 Floor Steamer
- There are some positive reviews of the H2O Mop X5 but this is outweighed by the many negative reviews for the steam mop
- When it works this is not a bad steam mop. But many customers found that the mop broke after using it for less than half a dozen times. Part of the problem appears to be a cheap pump which supplies the tank with water. This pump has a tendency to break down when it does the tank starts to overheat. Customers complained that they were often sent a replacement which in turn did not work
- Customers said easy to use ans would recommend this steam cleaner to anyone, it cleans quickly and floors dry very quickly. Would not like to be without it now
- Keep an eye on the water level though. You can get carried away and run out of water! easy to take mop heads off. But buttons are a little stiff
- The hand held steamer does not perform well. Tends to drip water on your arms and the work surface and is not very effective in cleaning grease
- Will remove stains from carpets
- Various problems with the steamer not heating up. Returning it to Thaine Direct was a nightmare. Used once and it stopped working.
- Customer rang Thane Direct when machine didn’t work and told them just to add vinegar to the water chamber but this did not help
- Using as a hand held steamer works well, but a little heavy for long tasks without the use of a shoulder strap (which you have to purchase separately)
- Overall a great piece of kit for the home & would recommend it
What’s in the Box?
- 1 – H2O MOP X5
- 1 – Micro fibre Pad
- 1 – Coral Cloth used for window cleaning
- 1 – Coral Cloth used as a Duster
- 1 – Round Metal Brush
- 1 – Round Nylon Brush
- 1 – Micro fibre Cloth used for Garment Steamer
- 1 – Extension Hose – 85cm
- 1 – Bonus Carpet Glider
- 1 – Cleaning Pin made Stainless Steel to clean limestone from mop
- 1 – Instructional Manual